Today marks the anniversary of the September 11th bombings, and many of us will spend time remembering the horrors we witnessed on that unforgettable day. We will experience anew the fear and anger caused by this unimaginable catastrophe, and grieve again the losses of life and innocence that resulted. But we’ll also recall and pay homage to the countless heroes who acted in the midst of this unthinkable crisis; heroes whose bravery and courage shone brightly against the backdrop of incomprehensible evil. These selfless men and women planted within our hearts the hope that we could, and would, overcome this horrific tragedy.
- encouraged me with visits, phone calls and e-mails;
- challenged and inspired me to continue the fight when I thought I had no fight left;
- delivered groceries and nourishing meals to my family when I was unable to provide them on my own;
- attended to Jeffrey when I was unable to; and
- sent up unending prayers on my behalf, seeking God’s mercy and healing.